Ready to plan your next adventure? Look to the experts for assistance
Ready to plan your next adventure but don’t know where to begin? Your trusted travel experts here at Down Under Endeavours and Africa Endeavours are here to help you navigate the ins and outs of luxury travel now.
When do you want to travel?
Demand is at an all-time high for travel this year, particularly over the holidays, leaving many destinations short on availability. To accommodate the surge in bookings, many accommodations have implemented minimum stay requirements and dynamic pricing. We recommend checking out island destinations like the Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, and Tahiti, along with South Africa, as we are finding some availability in those destinations. Chat with us about the best time to travel to your desired destination.
How far in advance should I plan my trip?
We are recommending that you plan at least one year to 18 months in advance for most destinations. Again, with the high demand in many locations, accommodations are fully booked in some areas at least a year in advance.
- East Africa for the Great Migration. Peak season in Kenya is between June and August. Plan for 2023 at this point, as the most desirable locations are booked for 2022.
- Southern Africa. Peak season in Botswana is June through August when the Okavango Delta has the most water. We recommend planning for peak season 2023, as 2022 will likely be completely sold out. South Africa is truly a year-round destination. However, the best time for Cape Town is November through March, and for the Kruger area, it is May through September. For planning a trip to South Africa, we recommend planning at least one year to 18 months out.
- Australia for NYE. Start planning for December 2022 now. It is only 18 months away! Chat with us about making recommendations for using local touring companies in Australia.
- Tahiti. These islands are truly a year-round destination. We recommend planning 6-8 months in advance.
- New Zealand. Start planning for September 2022 onward for New Zealand. This will afford you the best weather and availability for accommodations.
What about flights?
Flights can be a challenge to navigate at this time. Routes are in constant flux, and staffing shortages make getting in contact a challenge. You may find that flights will be canceled or changed prior to your departure. Additionally, routes that may have previously had multiple flights per day or easy direct connections are no longer available. Lastly, prices for flights will continue to climb in the upcoming months. We are proud partners with many airlines, so definitely chat with us about the best way to fly for your trip.
Cancellations and Postponements
One thing you need to pack for your trip is flexibility. Over the past year, airlines, hotels, and other operators in the travel industry have had to make adjustments that can translate to canceled flights, changes in your itinerary, and possible delays in your plans. Additionally, many restaurants and hotels are very short-staffed, so please be patient if service is a bit slower than you are used to. With many locations, border closures are still a possibility, so flexibility with your dates for postponements is also recommended.
Are you looking to travel soon or in the next 12 months? Double-check the expiration date on your passport. Many countries require your passport to be valid at least 6 months past your planned departure date. Renew early! The queue at the US passport office is quite lengthy, and it can take up to 18 weeks to get your renewed passport.
Contact us when you are ready to travel again!