There are many things you should know before planning a vacation to the far corners of the globe. For example, when can you see penguins on Kangaroo Island? What’s the best time to dive off of Lizard Island? How far in advance should you start planning?
We travel to Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific regularly, and we have close relationships with the best tour operators and boutique hotel/resort owners. When you work with Down Under Endeavours, we’ll pass our firsthand expertise along to you. Your personal travel designer is available to answer every travel question you may have, down to the smallest details.
Here are some of the most common questions we receive:
Glad you asked! There are a few great perks to working with us, if we do say so ourselves.
- We are absolute experts in Australia, New Zealand, and South Pacific travel. We’ve been in the business for nearly 20 years, and our luxury travel designers regularly visit this part of the world. When you work with Down Under Endeavours, the firsthand knowledge of our entire team is at your fingertips. Instead of spending hours sifting through conflicting information online, you can simply receive personalized recommendations from your own travel expert.
- We find that travel to the South Pacific is a bit more complicated to book online than many people realize, especially when visiting multiple destinations. You might not account for crossing the international dateline, or realize that a “great deal” for a resort advertised online doesn’t include necessary boat transfers or other hidden costs. With Down Under Endeavours, there are no such complications, and you won’t have to visit 50+ websites to book everything individually. Consider us your one-stop shop for seamless air travel, land transfers, accommodations, and touring.
- Having been in the business so long, we have excellent relationships with our travel partners in the South Pacific. Our preferred partners go above and beyond to take care of our clients.
- We eliminate the hassle of travel and leave you with the fun parts! You’ll receive a detailed itinerary for your trip, and all you have to do is show up at the place and time listed.
- While you travel, you’ll have 24/7 local support. If any unexpected issues come up, like a cancelled flight or rerouting due to weather, our in-country staff will make sure your trip continues as smoothly as possible.
We recommend a minimum of 2 weeks for Australia or New Zealand to see the highlights. If you would like to visit both countries in a single trip, we recommend at least 3 weeks.
It’s quite easy to combine Australia or New Zealand with an island destination such as Fiji, Tahiti, or the Cook Islands. For this type of combo, we recommend spending 2-4 nights on the islands.
For Australia or New Zealand, you should get in touch with us at least 8 to 12 months before you plan to travel. This may seem like a long time, but trust us, the boutique hotels here fill up fast! For island destinations, we recommend planning at least 4 to 6 months in advance.
At Down Under Endeavours, we stick to 3.5- to 5-star properties that we’ve personally vetted, so you know you’ll love your South Pacific experience. The more exclusive you want your hotels or resorts to be, the more time you should allow to make sure you can book the ones you want.
This varies depending on the accommodations you use, when you travel, and many other factors. At Down Under Endeavours, we stick to 3.5- to 5-star properties that we’ve personally vetted, as well as small-group or private touring options. Here are some estimates of what you can expect to spend (minimum) on a South Pacific vacation at a 3.5-star level or above. These estimates include international airfare (economy class), accommodations, all pre-booked touring, and any road or air transfers in country.
- 2 weeks in Australia or New Zealand: $8,000-10,000
- 7-10 days in Fiji: $8,000-10,000
- 7-10 days in Tahiti with an overwater bungalow: $10,000-12,000
We always have a variety of special offers available. Many properties offer discounted rates or free nights with a minimum stay. Please reach out to us to see what offers are available for the dates you’re traveling.
The sample itineraries on our website are designed to give you a taste of what’s possible. If you’re interested in a package, we can use this as a starting point to begin handcrafting your South Pacific vacation, but your trip will be completely customized to you. Keep in mind that our sample packages are priced at low season and without airfare. The price can vary depending on when you travel, if you choose different hotels, if you want a room upgrade, etc.
The airlines dictate the pricing available. Generally speaking, we get similar pricing to what’s available online. However, one of the benefits of our airline contracts is that we can book multiple flights together on one ticket, which eliminates many potential headaches. For any flights booked on the same ticket, your connecting flights will be automatically reissued in case of delays or cancellations. You’ll have the same baggage allowance for all of your flights, so you won’t have to worry about hidden baggage fees. And finally, your checked baggage will go right through to your final destination, even if you have multiple layovers, so you don’t have to worry about picking it up and rechecking it at one of your stops.
First, we’ll chat with you to find out what you’re looking for in your trip, as well as your timeframe, budget, and travel style. It is then time to officially start the process and the planning fee will be collected.
- Simple planning fee – $250
- Complex planning fee – $400+
- Trips that have many moving parts and will take 40+ hours of work
- Last minute planning fee (within 45 days of travel) – $500
- Availability for last minute trips is generally very difficult, so the higher fee is to allow for the extra time to find available accommodations and flights
The planning fee includes…
- Time spent for thorough research and coordination of flow with accommodations, airfare, touring, and price comparison between itineraries
- Development of 3 handcrafted itineraries from scratch
- Unlimited time with your travel designer via phone and email during this planning stage
- The firsthand travel experience and knowledge of our entire team
The planning fee is non-refundable and must be collected upfront.
Yes, we are a luxury travel company and we require a minimum booking of $8,000 total for your trip. This includes international airfare, accommodations, transfers, and any touring for all travelers in your group.
Please keep in mind that the sample packages on our website are priced at low season and without airfare. The price can vary depending on when you travel, if you choose different hotels, if you want a room upgrade, etc.
We use wholesale rates that include non-disclosure clauses, as is typical in the travel industry. However, we take your budget into consideration throughout the planning process and hit that mark as closely as we can. Airfare prices vary widely depending on your travel time and may cause us to go over budget, in which case we will do as much as we can to adjust the rest of your itinerary accordingly.
We do separate your pricing into land and air costs. Wherever possible, we will send you links to the accommodation and tours we recommend so you can make informed decisions.
We offer complimentary visa processing for US and Canadian citizens traveling to Australia. However, if you have any criminal convictions, we will not be able to process your visa and you will be required to undergo a background check.
For all other destinations, we do not process visas; the traveler is responsible for ensuring they have the correct entry documentation. Please note that visa requirements change frequently. Find the most up-to-date information about your destination here.
We are postponing our honeymoon, and I want to change my name on my passport. When should I do this?