Costa Rica, it should be on your bucket list
Hi everyone, it’s Shannon. Recently I had a chance to travel to Costa Rica for two weeks. Costa Rica is a newer destination for Down Under Endeavours, and it will not disappoint! Costa Rica is a wonderfully safe country with multiple ecosystems to explore.
Here are some top points you should know:
- With a two-week holiday, you can experience beautiful beaches, lush green rainforests, a wide variety of animal life, cloud forests, and much more. Transfer times within the country are anywhere from 3-5 hours, so you can easily hit 3-4 different regions without feeling like you are constantly moving.
- You want adventure. You got it! Ziplining, white water rafting, rappelling, horseback riding, and even kite surfing are all available in areas like Manuel Antonio and Arenal. There is even an extensive thermal spring park in Arenal, the largest one I have ever seen.
- Lots of amazing animals. Sloths are the star, but also Howler Monkeys, Toucans, Crocodiles, Turtles, and lots of beautiful birds. Yes, they do have big cats, Pumas, Jaguars, and Ocelots. However, those are a bit difficult to see in the dense forest. Lots of frogs and snakes as well.
- Their economy has been converted to the US dollar. So anywhere you go in Costa Rica, you can pay with dollars, with no need to exchange for local currency.
- As one of the most educated countries in the world, most locals speak English, and you will find they are always willing to help. In addition, modern conveniences like fast WIFI, clean drinking water (you can drink from the tap), and modern markets are easily found. Lastly, power outlets and voltage are the same as in the US, so there is no need for adapters.
- Straightforward entry requirements. You will find that you can easily schedule flights into San Jose or Liberia, the two airports in the country, from most major hubs in the US. Currently, you only need to present a vaccination card in order to enter. If you are not vaccinated, you will be required to purchase additional travel insurance.
I would love to tell you more about Costa Rica. It is a destination you should consider in the future. And if you have been, definitely consider another trip. Give me a call or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.