Christmas is the perfect holiday to travel to the South Pacific—filled with white sandy beaches and blue waters for miles. Countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji are perfect destinations to spend your holiday relaxing and soaking up some vitamin D. Christmas is a popular time of the year to travel to the South Pacific; contact us, we look forward to helping plan your ideal holiday under the sun!
Travel down under during the Holiday season and partake in some of tradition here in Australia.
- Seafood is a big part of Christmas dining, so make sure to head to the Sydney Seafood Market to experience the hustle and bustle around the Holidays!
- Head to Melbourne for a unique cultural experience.
- Go wine tasting all over the country, some of our favorites are the Barossa Valley and the Yarra Valley.
- Take the whole family for a day at the Australia Zoo and experience Steve Irwins conservation legacy!
- Make sure to head to Uluru Ayers Rock while in Australia, a natural wonder of the world. The wonderful colors of the sand and rock will take your breathe away as you take in the local culture and natural beauty of the park.
New Zealand is a quick 3.5 hour flight from eastern Australia, making it the perfect destination to spend some of your holiday! Like Australia, New Zealand has a summer-like climate during the Christmas months. New Zealand is a country filled with adventure, but is also a perfect destination for those who are looking to relax.
- Heli-hike up White Mountain, also known as Whakaari; an active volcano.
- Sea Kayaking in the Coromandel Peninsula; the perfect combination of adventure and relax!
- New Zealand is known for mountain biking, take your family on a bike trail to celebrate the holidays in New Zealand.
- Melt away the stress of the holidays with wonderful wine at Amisfield Bistro.
A Fijian Christmas is a wonderful blend between European tradition and Fijian tradition. Like a traditional European Christmas, midnight mass and Christmas carols are popular while meke dance and Christmas feast cooked in the lovo are mixed in from the Fijian culture. Special dishes, like the Palusami—spiced mutton wrapped in Dalo leaves in a coconut cream—are often found during Christmas meal. To top it off, the views of the crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches will make your holiday season feel like a dream!
- Yasawa Island is one of the most remote spots in Fiji, providing ultimate relaxation.
Celebrate the Christmas spirit relaxing just steps away from clear blue waters! The Cook islands are filled with holiday markets, picnics, and celebrations for Christmas festivities. When thinking of the Cook Islands, imagine complete relaxation, unwinding from the worries and enjoying your time with your loved ones.
- Muri Beach is a perfect spot to wade in the blue lagoon and relax under a palm tree.
Speak to our Travel Experts and start planning your 2016 family holiday today, give us a call at 312-951-8517.