I know when many people think of Arizona, they think it is simply desert and hot. Well, it is that, especially in June, July and August. However, Arizona is also home to the Grand Canyon and other National Parks that actually get SNOW and quite mountainous. The Grand Canyon is also very easy to combine with Zion and Bryce National Parks.
As someone that has visited Arizona many times, there are several unique things I love to point out to people when visiting:
- Saguaros. This unique cactus can ONLY be found in the Sonoran Desert in the US and Mexico. These are the cacti with the arms that can look like forks. They have to be at least 100 years old until they get ONE branch. They bloom every year around May/June, little white flowers at the top. Additionally, many of the other succulents bloom in the Spring and some of those colors are stunning.
- The state has so much for active adventurers. Hiking and Biking are everywhere. Additionally there are many lakes that offer kayaking and SUP. Hot air ballooning and sky diving over the desert offer some stunning views. So those that are active, it is a great place to visit.
- The colors and the landscapes. Many people assume that the desert is a boring tan color, so not true. The desert can truly be green when it gets rain (which may not happen very often, but those plants only need a little bit and everything springs to life). The valley floor with the backdrop of the mountains in Phoenix/Scottsdale area is actually quite dramatic.
- Sunsets. While I may be partial to African Sunsets, I have to tell you that I have seen some of the most brilliant colorful sunsets in Arizona and with the saguaros as the landscape, those pictures are quite stunning. Even my dog likes to watch the sunset in Arizona.
- CityLife. If you are city dweller/lover and need that city vibe, Phoenix Metro Area is the 5th largest city in the US, which means you have access to all of the fabulous culture, shopping, and dining that you crave as well.
Arizona is also home to the Cactus League, spring training for MANY baseball teams. So WHEN our baseball teams get to host fans again, this is a nice add to any itinerary.
I would love to talk to you about a 7-10 itinerary in Arizona, starting in Tucson or Phoenix for a few days and with a self drive through the Grand Canyon to Zion and Bryce National Parks. Call Shannon at 3129518517 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org