First off…New Zealand WAS AMAZING! I can see why so many people move down there. Everyone was so amazing and so friendly. One night while sitting at the bar in Queenstown, we had a couple of Aussies and a couple of New Zealanders sit down and shoot the breeze with us for about 2 hours. I just couldn’t believe it.
Dunedin – simply amazing and “The Bluestone on George” was great. Great location and awesome folks running it. Very friendly, knowledgeable, and great to talk to. The location of the hotel was great, within walking distance of everything.
- The Albatross tour was great, but the Penguin tour was amazing! I really enjoyed that one, seeing those little guys. This is definitely a trip that others have to take. And the boat ride back at the end of the day was awesome too! It was great to sit and talk with the boat captain (Jim I think) and one of the girls who worked for the tour group (can’t remember her name right now).
- Queenstown – I think that this was my favorite place on the trip. The hotel was great (St. Moritz) and again awesome staff and it was close to downtown. Beautiful view of the mountains to the south and great view of the lake. The bus tour (and more importantly the flight back) to Milford Sound was great and the Wine Tour was awesome as well (we ended up having the owner taking us around which was an added treat – definitely use them again. He was amazing!)
- Fox Glacier – hotel was great again and the drive there was simply breath taking. We were in rain most of the time, but that didn’t damper out spirits. We got some great shots with the low clouds. It was a bummer that we didn’t get to do the Heli Hike, but Zarah (our guide) was so awesome she took us up on foot to see the glacier. Above and beyond in my opinion.
- Greymouth and the train ride – I enjoyed this trip as well. The gorge was amazing!! And having the open air car to view from was an added delight.
- Nelson – the drive up was again amazing. We did stop off in Kaikura (sp) which was amazing to see. What a beautiful little town. On the way up we did stop off at a vineyard in Marlborough Country and just love that (we ended up bring back a few bottles from there). We finished up the drive to Nelson and stay at a WONDERFUL B&B. Our hosts were AMAZING, the room was GREAT, the breakfast was out of the world…we couldn’t have asked for anything better. You should REALLY use them in the future. We had a great final day at Nelson walking around seeing the sights and then walking on the beach. Like I said before, I think that Nelson would have been a great place to stay for two nights I guess we’ll just have to go back.
Thanks again for helping us with our most amazing Honeymoon. I know that it will be something that I will NEVER forget for the rest of my life 🙂