We provide unique, rewarding experiences for families and their study abroad students
With the tough economic times and few jobs available on the horizon, having your child study abroad in a safe haven
like Australia or New Zealand has become increasingly popular. Not only does your child get the amazing opportunity of international travel, they get to enhance their studies with unique educational experiences.
At Down Under Endeavours, we have perfected the art of a customized experience, one that is simply not found in a brochure or on a website. Many of our travel partners are friends we have made over the years. If someone wants to travel these countries and see it through the eyes of the locals, they will not be disappointed with Down Under Endeavours. No matter what the destination, our clients enjoy many unique and exclusive experiences that are definitely delight and even surprise.
Why Study Abroad Families?
In our past experience, we have found that families have such memorable and meaningful experiences by visiting their study abroad student, we simply want to be able to replicate that experience for other families. We are passionate about travel and about all of the destinations that we feature, our goal is to expose as many people as possible to Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tahiti and South Africa. And we can’t think of a better way than through the study abroad programs for university students and for their families that want to visit them.
At Down Under Endeavours, besides being passionate about travel, we are passionate about philanthropy and education. We truly believe that by supporting study abroad programs with hand-crafted vacations for the families supporting those study abroad students that we are fulfilling that need to expand the knowledge of all countries.
Many of our clients have come to us and said I want to visit my son or daughter studying abroad for an Australia or New Zealand vacation. They feel as it is a once in a lifetime chance. As one traveler, Greg from Indiana, said, “I just told my wife, ‘if we are ever going to visit Australia in our lifetime, it is going to be now’. This was our first international trip together (married 26 years) and I think my wife and I were just as excited about seeing our son after 3 months, than visiting the country. When your son is off to college, you can go for weeks without seeing him, but there is a little more angst when they are on the other side of the world. Skype phone calls are nice, but it doesn’t let you really see his world. It was a great family time for us.”
Here’s how it works:
- Once your son/daughter has secured their University program, pick the dates you want to visit. There is no such thing as planning too far ahead on this.
- Contact DUE, and provide which University they are studying at, along with how much time you will have for your trip, and how many people will go and what’s on your wish list of experiences.
- Your Australia New Zealand travel agent will map out a flow for you to meet your time frame and budget.
- All arrangements are secured and once 100% solid, flights are ticketed.
- During your travels you will have 24-hour local representative support for you to liaise with if you need any changes.
- When you return share your great stories with other parents.
How much will it cost?
We don’t charge any fees for our services, but a couple of photos of your trip and a package of Tim Tams will put a smile on our face. We earn commission from our partners. A good guideline for budgeting would be to have at least $7,000 in mind for a 2 week trip to one country and $10,000 for two.
Why Down Under Endeavours?
- We are from there, or have lived and travel there.
- We specialize in giving a trip that captures the highlights but adds the touches that make it a once-in-a-lifetime trip.
- We are based in the US and can take care of visas, airfare, hotels, tours, even dinner reservations and unique adventures.
- Because we know how hard you work and why should the kids have all the fun? Let us take care of you.