Start in Melbourne and explore beyond. Melbourne is a hopping city with a European vibe. Narrow streets lined with sunny cafes. Victorian arcades with high-end shopping. Excellent restaurants and a vibrant arts community. Plenty to keep you busy for a few days.
Most travelers break out — taking day trips to Yarra Valley wineries and foodie tours on the Mornington Peninsula, and visiting the penguins waddling ashore on Phillip Island.
Some go farther afield to take in the Great Ocean Road. If you’re looking for one of the world’s best road trips, you’ll find it down at the bottom of the country. Days and days of stunning oceanside cliffs with wave-ravished beaches and charming historic towns.
Golfers love to visit Victoria to play on some of the world’s best golf courses, ask us how we can get you on at Royal Melbourne or Kingston Heath.
Victoria – Top Activities
- Wining and dining with the local’s
- Tee off at any of Victoria’s great golf courses.
- Exploring Melbourne’s hidden laneways and arcades
- Driving the Great Ocean Road and seeing the 12 Apostles at sunrise
- Watching for waking koalas and peek at a joey in a kangaroo’s pouch, meet keepers or observe vets in the animal hospital, all in an Aussie bush setting at Healesville Sanctuary
- Attend a sporting event like the Australian Tennis Open or Australian Rules Football final.
- Try your luck at Crown casino properties
- Take a day out in 1850s Ballarat and pan for gold, ride in a horse-drawn carriage and relive the Eureka Rebellion with sound and light.