Come for the wine, stay for the Outback! South Australia has so much to explore.
Start in Adelaide, “the 20 minute city.” No matter where you go in Aussie’s charming 3rd largest city, it won’t take long to get there. The town is friendly and walkable.
Not far are the Barossa and Clare valleys, the country’s oldest and most prolific wine region. If you’ve ever tasted an Shiraz from Australia, you have likely had wine from this region. Head to any number of terrific vineyards and wineries to spend your day sipping vino and taking in the views. One of our favorites is Penfolds, where you can blend their varietals for your own custom bottle! Stop at our favorite restaurant in the region, Appellation, for a meal hand-crafted to pair with your personalized wine.
A bit farther up the road lies the country’s most accessible section of the Outback. You’ll find rugged and majestic gorges, tree-lined creeks, a huge natural amphitheater, and a unique underground hotel to beat the heat. It’s a must-see when you are visiting Southern Australia!
South Australia – Top Activities
- Taste a custom crafted wine in the Barossa or Clare Valleys
- Visit the wild “bush” outback; take in the culture of South Australia at its core
- Snap photos at Kangaroo Island cavorting in the forest with local wildlife
- Explore Stokes Bay, a scenic destination to enjoy a quiet picnic or a quick relax
- Visit Kangaroo Island, Australia’s Galapagos, to see sea cliffs and amazing wildlife
Are you ready to explore the beauties of South Australia? Take a look at our sample itineraries below, and contact our luxury travel designers to handcraft your ideal trip!
Map of Australia
Courtesy of Tourism Australia. Click to view full-size map.