Marketing Associate for Travel Company
Are you a content extraordinaire who loves travel? Are you itching to flex your writing, design, and creative muscles? Then this is the perfect position for you! Down Under Endeavours/Africa Endeavours is seeking a Marketing Associate to tackle all things content. You’ll be our digital voice, managing our website, email marketing, digital advertising, and more.
Down Under Endeavours/Africa Endeavours is a luxury boutique travel company specializing in the South Pacific and Africa (with a little bit of Asia thrown in for our repeat clients). We are “travel matchmakers”—we get to know our clients on a personal level and create handcrafted, life-changing journeys for them in some of the world’s most exotic locations.
We are a hardworking, close knit team who are passionate about travel, building relationships, and providing exceptional service. We are located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago.
- Assist in implementing a marketing strategy that attracts leads who are ready to travel.
- Populate key website pages engaging photos, videos, and written copy that inspire consumers to travel with us.
- Discover what potential customers want to know (through keyword research and feedback from the sales team), and add engaging website & blog content that will attract visitors our site.
- Design and develop content for regular and promotional email campaigns.
- Work with internal and third party partners to manage keyword promotions. Must be proactive with content and design suggestions.
- Work within our customer system to develop new ways to send highly targeted marketing messages.
- Design digital advertising and printed materials for promotional campaigns and events.
- Assist with the development and execution of social media presence.
- Maintain special offers, travel packages, and promotional content on website.
- Assist with general office administrative tasks as needed.
Skills and Education:
- Marketing, Design, IT, CS, or Advertising degree or 2+ years applicable experience.
- Knowledge of SEO and page optimization best practices a plus.
- Ability to craft aspirational content that inspires consumers to travel.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and meet important deadlines.
- Detail oriented and ability to manage workload.
Computer & Technical Skills
- Adobe CS Suites (Photoshop, InDesign; Illustrator) is a plus. Ability to edit photos is a must.
- Website management systems (WordPress preferred).
- Familiarity with email marketing creation & scheduling tools (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.).
- Social media scheduling tools.
- General video editing (iMovie) a plus.
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, such as Salesforce, Oracle Netsuite, Pipedrive, etc., is a plus.
- Must be curious, willing, and able to learn new programs/systems as needed. We like to change things on occasion.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Ability to Travel to amazing places.
- Annual travel stipend valid for the destinations we sell (South Pacific, Africa, and Asia).
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Dog-friendly office
- Potential to work from home on occasion
Preference is to be located in the Chicago area, where you will work from our office in River North (it’s fun, we promise). We may consider candidates who are not located in Chicago (and thus work remote) on a case-by-case basis.
Term/length of employment:
We are only looking for people seeking a long-term career.
Send resume to Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 4, 2020.