Luxury Travel Designer for Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and Beyond
Are you looking for a meaningful, long-term career helping people plan their dream vacations to the South Pacific and Africa?
Down Under Endeavours and Africa Endeavours are looking to expand our sales team and are seeking a new Luxury Travel Designer.
As a Luxury Travel Designer, you will be responsible for the design, pricing, and sale of hand-crafted itineraries that are tailored to meet, and exceed, our clients’ requirements and expectations.
Candidates must possess the following:
- An outgoing personality, and must be comfortable in social settings and networking events
- Ability to interact, communicate, and negotiate effectively with clients and suppliers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Willingness to assist team members when needed
- Excellent time management and ability to guide a task to completion
- A desire to grow professionally and personally
- Ability to work in a dog-friendly, open-office team environment, or from a virtual office (remote work)
- Sense of humor
- Design customized itineraries in consultation with clients and other travel agents
- Meet or exceed established annual and quarterly sales goals
- Grow and maintain a personal network of clients
- Maximize conversions by following up on quotes in an established timeframe
- Communicate and advocate product and price value in support of successful conversions
- Evaluate pricing received from our partners to ensure value to the client
- Confirm required services with our partners during the booking conversion process
- Ensure all clients’ booking details are complete and accurate
- Demonstrate competency of destination knowledge for the countries and destinations we sell
- Coordinate and complete all final travel documents for clients
- Follow up with clients for post-travel feedback and to resolve any outstanding issues to ensure clients’ satisfaction is met or exceeded
- International and domestic travel will be required represent the company on industry events or educational (famil) trips
Skills and abilities:
- Intermediate technical proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the ability to type around 50 wpm or better
- Ability to learn new systems like a web-based itinerary builder, CRM, financial, GDS (airline system), etc.
- Knowledge of world geography
- Knowledge of cultural issues and differences, and knowledge of world affairs
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred but not necessary
- Sales experience and customer service / client relationship management preferred
- Travel industry experience preferred but not necessary
- High school diploma required
- Ability to read/write/speak in English required
Prefer that you reside in or near our Chicago, Illinois location, but not required. Ability to work remote and stay motivated and organized is a must.
- Attendance may be required at evening and weekend events
- International travel may be required, sometimes for a duration of more than a week at a time
- Must maintain a current, valid passport
- Hourly rate during training
- After training, position will be commission based.
- 401K matching company contributions
- Flexible Holidays and vacation / personal time off
Term/length of employment:
We are only looking for people seeking a long-term career.
Send resume to Corinne at email@example.com` by September 30, 2022